Pages

ASCII Art Editor in Java

I am Huge fan of README files. When looking at any new library/software, I would at least skim through a README once, if not gulp it thoroughly. So I was writing a README for my project yesterday. I wanted to have a simple diagram in the readme, but it was getting sorta complex to do that with Notepad++, Netbeans or Eclipse. I have always wondered how people make nice ASCII Art Logos (I found that 'it' is called so after some google searches) and diagrams in Text Files.

Anyways, so I found out this cool ASCII Art Editor in java called JavE. And it really helped me to create the desired diagram in the text file. Bonus: I came to know how to create ASCII Banners as well. You have to download optional FIGlet fonts (available on the same website) to create text banners like this one.
 
   _   _      _ _        __        __         _     _
  | | | | ___| | | ___   \ \      / /__  _ __| | __| |
  | |_| |/ _ \ | |/ _ \   \ \ /\ / / _ \| '__| |/ _` |
  |  _  |  __/ | | (_) |   \ V  V / (_) | |  | | (_| |
  |_| |_|\___|_|_|\___/     \_/\_/ \___/|_|  |_|\__,_|

No comments: